17 June, 2014

On Leather and Bringing the Model 6 Back

by Igor
This new batch is stunningly handsome
I really like leather. Not like that. Well maybe. Anyway, it’s really useful on areas that get a lot of interaction from your hands, butt, feet, and natural elements. Leather holds up extremely well with a little bit of care, and it develops a very nice patina over use and time.

For those who like to ride with their bars at or below the saddle, the Model 6 is a great choice. We discontinued them briefly, but we decided that it's a way cool, affordable saddle that we'd like to keep in our lineup for those who enjoy a spirited, racy ride.
New Model 6 profile. Slick.
Grand Cru Leather Bar Tape
Elkhide Handlebar Wraps
Your frame will thank you for the protection when its locked up: Oiltan Top Tube Protector
Your dress shoes will thank you: Elkhide Toe Clip Leathers
Your chainstay's paint will thank you, too: Elkhide Chainstay Protector 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have several thousand miles on my model 6 & am considering another for another bike. Is it just me, or did the rail to saddle geometry change? I believe on mine they're parallel, but the pic on this post appears to show a substantial departure from parallel between the rails & saddle surface.

VeloOrange said...

@Anon 11:37am,
The hardware in the nose is cleaner, and the nose skirt is longer thus hiding the hardware better. The geometry difference between the generations is absolutely miniscule.

Hobbes vs Boyle said...

I just noticed that you're also no longer listing the Model 1 saddle. Is that one ever going to come back? I just wrote a long-term review about it for my blog, which of course is kind of pointless if the saddle is no longer available.

Anonymous said...

Picking leather nits, but the seams on your toke-clip leather wraps should be running down the center of the curve rather than along the edge.

Neatly centered seams are much more sexy...

VeloOrange said...

The Model 1 didn't sell very well, but we may bring it back eventually. I (Chris) really liked it.

Hobbes vs Boyle said...

Thanks, Chris. I'm all in favor of bringing it back, as you can see from my review.